Sunday, July 14, 2013

Choices Blog Tour

Blog Tour: Choices by Sydney Lane








Quince is a small town girl. Her bi-polar sister Katie has been the dark shadow over her shoulder her entire life/ When Quince goes to college she decides it's time to break out in a bigger city with her best friend, Tara. They go to the University of Tennessee.

The first day of school she meets the boys who will cause mass confusion, Brody and Declan.




Brody is gorgeous and too hot to handle. The electricity zooms the first time they look at each other. He is sin wrapped up in every girl's dream and he doesn't do relationships. He's been burned bad in the past. Could Quince be the girl that makes him try?



Declan is a tall, hunk of man. He's got it together and he's safe. His father is a minister and he is the fraternity chaplain. He listens when Quince talks and the conversations flow easy with him. Does it matter than there's no burn or curling toes when they kiss?



Quince can't seem to choose between the two and instead drags hearts into her indecisiveness. No one walks away without being hurt and just when she has chosen, Katie makes a decision that rocks all the choices Quince has finally made.  Who can she turn to? Who will stop the pain?




Excerpt:
 Just as I get to my car, a hand wraps around mine. I swing around, only to find Brody looking down at me. “Did you think of an answer to my question, Quince? Are you with Declan or not?”

I’m not sure why it matters to him. He’s not interested in me like that anyway. “I’m not with anyone, Brody. I’ve only known him a week. That’s not long enough to know anything about anyone.”

“Oh, I don’t know about that. I know enough about you to know that I want to get to know you better.” His voice lowers, and he leans down just close enough that I can feel his breath on my cheek. “I know enough to know that I’d like to kiss you right now. To know that if I do, it won’t be nearly enough.” His lips graze my face, just enough to let me know they are there. “I know you want to kiss me like I want to kiss you. I just don’t know the answer to my question.” If I just moved an inch, his mouth would be on mine. And I want it.


The heroine Quince is selfish from the beginning, but she is so innocent you can't be made at her. Just frustrated as she continues on her path. Her need for a friend in Declan is understandable, but there isn't romance, just friendship. Jenna to me is an enabler and Brody the drug. Jenna gives such bad advice through the whole story. I get what she is saying, but at the same time she is frustrated with Quince and still telling her that she doesn't have to choose.




Excerpt:
"One.There is Declan. I love talking to him, and I’d do just about anything to see him smile. He is adorable, and I could really see myself in a relationship with him. Two. There is Brody. I don’t even have words to describe him or how I feel when I’m around him. I mean, Jenna, he scares me. Alex says he never goes home with the same girl twice, and he confuses me with his mood swings. I don’t know if he’d be good for me, but I’d sure like to find out. Uggghhh! What is going on with me?” I am so confused. I’ve gone from worrying that I’ll never find the right guy to worrying how I’ll choose between two of them.

Jenna looks stunned, and I’m positive it’s because that is the most she has ever heard me say about a boy. Boys. “That’s just it, Quince. You aren’t running a marathon. As long as you aren’t committed to either one, you can explore your options. But trust me on this. Don’t ever play games with them. Just don’t ever lie about what’s going on, OK?” She is so serious, I’m not sure if she made me feel better or just scared the crap out of me.



The story is about growing up and having to live with the choices that not only you make, but also the choices others make. It can be your best friend, sister, or even the jerk ex-girlfriend you've never met. Have your tissues handy because there are times you will cry with laughter, happiness, and then tears of sadness that comes from loss.

This story is appropriate for older teenagers to young adult due to the sexual situations. These are college freshman gals and fraternity boys. Be ready for a story that will make you want to read it all over again and wishing that it wasn't done.

Goodreads

Amazon- Kindle

B&N- NOOK


Character Casting:

 

Brody - Henry Cavill




Declan - Dave Franco
 
 

Eric - Alex Pettyfr
 
 

Jenna - Emma Stone
 
 

Quincy- Rachel Bilson
 
 
 
Choices by Sydney Lane



 

Author Bio:

 

Sydney Lane lives in Nashville, TN with her husband and children. Growing up in Smalltown, USA, Sydney dreamed of being a writer. After spending an obscene amount of money to go to college, Sydney finally decided to follow her heart. With her babies in bed and husband neglected, she worked by the light of her laptop and wrote Choices. Sydney is very active in charity work for anti-bullying and depression awareness groups.

 

Author Contact Links:

 

 
 
 

 


Playlist on Spotify  (Direct Link) 

Hinder – Thing For You

Muse – Madness

Pink – Just Give Me a Reason

Maroon 5 – Daylight

The Veronicas – I Can’t Stay Away

Cassadee Pope – Over You

Lifehouse – Hanging By A Moment

Jason Aldean (ft. Kelly Clarkson) – Don’t You Wanna Stay

Lifehouse ft Natasha Bedingfield – Between the Raindrops

Rihanna ft Mikky Ekko – Stay

 

This only song that isn’t on there is Rihanna ft Mikky Ekko – Stay

 

Giveaway Code:

 

Embedded:

 



 

URL Link: