Monday, October 14, 2013

Review: "Finding You"/ Book Blast: "Trust Me"





Finding You Cover
add-to-goodreads-button31

'I will always take care of you'

My pain started when I was just ten years old, it was the day my mom got that dreaded phone call. Life has never been the same.... 'I will always protect you' I am all kinds of broken.... I have known Logan White since forever, he is my brothers best friend and my secret protector. I used to have nightmares that drew me into a dark place and when the nightmares got too much, Logan was by my side. The nightmares are few and far between now, but my life is centered around the tragedy of my past. Logan is the definition of 'man whore', with girls lining around the block to drop their panties at the click of his fingers. But after an unexpected moment things change. Now Logan is somebody else; hot, sexy and so damn delicious and I want to know him. Desperately. But then there is Angel Walker who is far from the angelic nature of his name, with eyes so hypnotic that I lose my inhabitation’s just by staring into them. But he is a broken man who just screams sin. He doesn't want to protect me or care for me, He just wants me. Do I want the man who can cut through all of my pain or the man who could cause me more? Fists will fly, hearts will shatter and desire will be fueled.  

Buy Now

Finding You Cover
 
 
REVIEW
 
Neva has never gotten over the death of her father 10 years ago.  It literally haunts her very existence and has control over her life.  Her strength has always came from Logan, her brothers best friend.  He was there the night it happened.  He can stop the nightmares when they take over.

What happens as two people get older and start to notice one another in a different way? Can a childhood bond turn into something more without breaking each other? If love can conquer all, is it possible to love more than one person? Logan or Jake? Does a person choose the love that has always been there and grown since childhood or the new and exciting love that is fast developing?

This book ripped my heart out. Seriously, have the tissue ready. You WILL need them!  It will leave you reeling and ready to scream. This is the type of book that is difficult to leave a review for.  I can't truly express the emotions I felt without spoiling it all, so I won't, but I will say that you NEED to read this book. The sex scenes go from romantic to hot and aggressive and everywhere in between.

The relationship that the guys have is amazing as they all know everything about each other and while they are fun and joking, they know what lines to tread carefully. I loved the banter between the guys, Low and Neva. Not to mention that Low is a true friend, not just to Neva, but everyone. She and Tate are the true, caring people in the book. Neva is lucky to have everyone watching out for her and while I understand she's been through a lot, there are times that you want to smack her and I was surprised that Low never did.

I give this book 5 stars, it's THAT good!! It's starts out tragic, goes to a feel good college time, then a confused love triangle, and then BAM! (You have to wait to see what that is.)  I had it finished in an afternoon. It's a book that you'll read straight through. I mean who wouldn't. Two hot men, surrounded by their hot friends and a woman who gets to pick between them. The stunning college quarterback and a bad boy gorgeous rocker that drives a mustang. *Sigh* This book will be sticking with me for a long time, obsessing over when the next book will be coming out. It was an ending that I wasn't expecting and that is a rarity for me. Truly, only one other book has created this feeling in me. I can't wait to read the rest of the series to see what happens with all the characters.

Excerpt

Ten white petals... Thud. One yellow centre... Thud. One...thud. Two...thud. Three...thud. I can feel hands around my throat, my breathing becoming shallow as I try to scream on the inside, not knowing if my own nightmare filled with the demons of my past will kill me while I sleep. My heartbeat roaring as it pounded relentlessly, leaving a ringing sensation in my ears. The smell of antiseptic so potent against my nostrils suddenly hit me, it was so strong that I could taste it in the back of my throat. The pressure around my neck slackened enough for me to get my bearings, I was back on the bridge again, pinned to the wooden slabs by someone or something I couldn't see nor describe. There was no where to go, I was trapped on the bridge that lead to no where, keeping me forever in the darkness, never to see the light again. I could taste the fear in my throat drowning out the antiseptic, I could feel my fear pouring into my gut as my body absorbed it, it was in my bones, in my soul. The fear in the air caused me to look back at demon above me, a black and smoky silhouette figure towering over my tiny frame, I could never make out who or what the demon was, but I knew I should fear it. The grip around my neck tightened once more, my hands trying to reach for anything to help free me, but there was nothing, there was always nothing. I could see the bridge clearly but I could never feel it against my skin, just the subconscious pressure of it against my back, a mixture of pressure and the feeling of floating. “Stop, please. No!” I wanted to scream but my vision was becoming blurred as my head swam with weightlessness. Images projected against the dark shadow of the demon above me, a car severely damaged, flashing blue lights and screaming, organized chaos. I thought I was going to die, I was ready just to let go, but I never died in my nightmares, I just hung on the edge, the demon making me remember. Suddenly the nightmare slowly started to release me, the twisted dark depths of my past slowly fading into a painful reminder of what was cruelly taken, what I would never get back. Thud...my heart slamming against my chest. Thud...my throat constricting tightly. Thud...my lungs burning with every breath. Thud. Thud. Thud. My lids were heavy, so heavy that I didn't think I could open my eyes. "Come back to me" A familiar soothing voice wrapped around around my mind, trying to release me of my own painful imprisonment. I tried desperately to speak to the voice, wanting them to pull me out from the torture that held me captive within my own mind, my tongue heavy and my mouth dry. My skin becoming saturated with sweat, my toes curling as if in pain, my heart heavy with unrelenting sadness. The light was almost to much to bare as I finally managed to open my eyes, squinting as the light penetrated my pupils, burning right through me. There was a figure above me once more, but it wasn't dark and twisted like the demons in my nightmares, it was home. I'm home.

Meet S.K. Hartley

Author Pic
S.K. Hartley is a mother, wife, avid reader and writer based in the not so sunny North West of England. You can find her either glued to her computer desk, in the library (yes they still exist) or floating around her favorite authors book signings!
What sort of except do authors usually post? IE. sex scenes, love scenes....

Giveaway

a Rafflecopter giveaway


















____________________________________

 About the Book:
When Jenifer Taylor, a young woman from the big City of Mornington Vale California starts her day, it turns from bad to worse, when on her way to work she’s involved in a chain collision.
Jeni is content with her life, dull and boring as it is, because being absent from the dating scene, means she doesn’t have to deal with the major trust issues she has with men.  Her trust issues stem from a controlling and aggressive ex boyfriend, and an absentee father.  She’s happy being alone, sharing her life with her friends and family.
Her world changes forever when she meets Aiden O’Connell, the billionaire son of Alistair O’Connell, who owns Mornington Vale’s largest financial incorporation. Aiden is an up and coming young businessman, who's ready to take on the Vice Presidency in his father’s incorporation.   He's focused on the business, and life for Aiden involves working hard and not much else. Aiden is the good son, and Alistair wants nothing more than for Aiden to succeed and follow in his footsteps, it’s imperative to him.
After the accident Aiden finds Jeni irresistible, and pursues her instantly, and with some coaxing she eventually agrees to a date.  It becomes apparent that they are very attracted to one another.
Jeni finds love quickly with Aiden, but trusting him is another issue.  Trust is a major factor, and the question of when to give it can be asked of us in many different ways.  Jeni is asked this question, when she finds out that Aiden is being investigated for a serious crime.  Jeni’s trust issues spark, as she goes through a journey of self-discovery. 
She must decide once and for all whether she trusts the man she loves, when she’s asked the ultimate question:
“Do you trust me?”
This is book one in a series of three.  Book two "Love Me?" coming soon.
EXCERPT ONE:
I exhale. “I have major trust issues with men. My dad left before I was born. My ex… well, he cheated and left me. I can’t just trust that you are who you say you are. I mean how do I know that you won’t treat me the same way?” 
He sighs. “Trust issues, huh? I can work with that.” He smiles, lightening the mood. “Let’s take this one day at a time. I don’t plan on hurting you. I don’t think I ever could. Trust is a big thing. It has to be earned. I’ll do my time until you trust me. I’m not planning on going anywhere. I don’t know about you, but for me, there is something here, and I’m willing to wait and work at it to find out what that is. That’s if you want to?” 
I can’t help but smile. “I think there’s something here as well, and with time, I’m sure I’ll trust you.” 
“I can live with that.”
“Wow! That got serious real quick,” I say, laughing. He nods in agreement. “Aiden,” I say softly. 
“Yes, Jeni?” 
“Kiss me!”
About
K E Osborn is the Adelaide based Author of the Trust me? Trilogy, a romance series with love, laughter and plenty of lust!
Biography
K E Osborn was born in September 1984 and raised in Adelaide South Australia. She had a love of writing throughout High School but went down a different path to Design instead. It wasn't until she had a vivid dream about a three car pile up that the characters of her first book came to life.
Aiden and Jeni are the amazing couple from the Trust me? Trilogy and they were born into the world through the imagination of K E Osborn in 2012.
Where to find K.E. Osborn on social media
https://twitter.com/froggy585
https://www.facebook.com/KEOsborn
https://www.facebook.com/trustmetrilogy
Where to find Trust Me
You can download from smashwords in the following formats:
Epub for iPads, Nook, Sony Reader, Kobo etc.
Kindle for Kindle devices.
PDF for the computer.
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/354821
For Amazon and kindle
a Rafflecopter giveaway