Monday, October 21, 2013

Review: "Forbidden Forever"/ Cover Re-Reveal "Bent" by H.B. Heinzer /Book Blast: "Panic"



 
 
Laney Collins has been the wife to Michael for years and even when after his love turned into pure cruelty toward her weight gain she has remained his faithful loving wife. Her love for her daughter Callie and son Kaleb gives her faith that in the end it will all be worth it.

After years of not working Laney gets hired on as the assistant for Dr. Chance Turner. The chemistry between them is electric but their marriages keep them apart until one painful evening Laney has had enough and all she can think of is Chance.

A steamy affair hidden with lies and secrets turns into a love no longer forbidden. A love that loves her for everything she is and sees the beauty beyond the weight. A love that lasts forever.
 

Title: Forbidden Forever
Author: Christy Dilg
Genre: Erotic Romance
Release Date: September 10, 2013



 Purchase Links

Amazon US: http://amzn.to/18JXAfv
Amazon UK: 
http://amzn.to/16xol0Y
Barnes & Noble: 
http://bit.ly/18i3YGI
Smashwords: 
http://bit.ly/18M30Rh

 REVIEW

 Which is more harmful?
The marks that you see?
Or the ones that you don't?
Laney  married at a young age and after having two kids with her husband her marriage went South. She's now tormented by the man who promised to cherish her until death. After years of being told how worthless and disgusting she is, she starts to believe it herself.  She starts a new job with Dr. Turner as his assistant.  The first day on the job, the attraction is immediate and over time it escalates until neither Laney or Chance can deny they both want more. If Laney gives in how will effect her children? Once the decision is made, there is no turning back.  Two divorces, two crazed ex's, and a future to look forward to, but will it actually happen or is a hopeful dream?
I felt bad for Laney and all that she had went through, but at the same time couldn't help but blame her. She is the one who put up with the cruelty thinking that no one else noticed. She plays the perfect victim and Chance the perfect knight in shining armor. Though, they both claim neither wrecked each others marriages, it's not true. This book shows what the consequences are of the decisions you make and what happens when you wait too long to make a stand.  The love scenes between Laney and Chance are wonderful. They are playful as it's a new experience to love neither experienced with their spouses.  The interactions between Chance and Laney's children was a great insight that isn't in many books.  This book covered all aspects of the relationship.
This book was a longer length as it has the story from both Laney and Chance's view point.  I wasn't sure I would like that at first, but toward the middle you start to gain more insight as to what is happening by doing it this way. You see more of the outside relationships with Chance during his point of view. The characters are all likeable, except the crazy ex's.
 I would rate this book at 4 stars out of 5.

 

 

About the Author

Christy Dilg was born, June 19th, 1978. She wrote her first erotic romance in 2013, called “Forbidden Forever.” She works full-time at the local hospital where she lives in Florida. Christy’s hobbies include decorating cakes, and photography. She loves going to concerts, and reading in her spare time.

 

Connect with the Author

 
 


Excerpt –

 

Here we go again. He is on a rampage about how I look. I have yet to figure out the reason why he stays with me if I disgust him so much. I look in the mirror and see the same person I have always been: sandy blonde hair, blue eyes, high cheekbones, and just a few more curves than fifteen years ago. His cold, hard words are like daggers jabbed into my side. Not enough to kill, but just enough to leave massive scars.
As I make my way to my car for my first day on a new job, he follows behind me and yells, "I don't know why you even bother putting makeup on. You look like a piece of lard no matter what you do."
Holding back the tears, I get into the car and turn on some "Gunpowder and Lead" by Miranda Lambert before driving to Flagler Memorial Hospital for my first day as the Director's assistant.
Happily ever after! What is that supposed to feel like? The thoughts pour through my head, questioning myself over and over. After being married to him for fourteen years you would think that all the hard times would be behind us and we would only feel love toward one another. Instead, I feel hate and sadness. Hate for this man who hurts me every day, breaking a piece of my soul little by little. Sadness for the person I used to be before I married him and lost my true self. How many more days will I be able to put up with the pain and stay? Will I ever get the strength to leave and find me again?
I have very energetic butterflies in my stomach, along with feeling less than perfect after Michael's harsh words before I left this morning. I shake it off and plaster on a fake smile as I walk into the human resource office. The lady behind the desk has long platinum blonde hair and she is wearing a dark navy blue skirt and matching jacket with a white collared shirt opened about three buttons down. She looks like she should be on the cover of Vogue or maybe even Playboy. I am feeling less than acceptable in my black knee-length pencil skirt, white ruffled blouse, and red heels with my thick curves, none of which are a match for her slim body. I'm pretty sure hers are fake anyway; smiling to myself, I start feel a little better. I introduce myself as Laney Collins and let her know I am here to work as the assistant to Dr. Chance Turner.

_____________________________________
 


 




Rook is chasing her dream—film school and a chance at a life beyond the one she ran from six months ago. But before she can become the girl she wants to be, she must deal with the girl she left behind.

Ronin is also chasing his dream—a family of his own and a life away from erotic modeling. And he too, has a past he’s trying to forget. A past that makes Rook question everything about their life together.

Lies, secrets, and shocking truths will rock the foundation Rook and Ronin have built. Can they put the past behind them and move forward together? Or is this just another too good to be true relationship that will crash and burn in the end?

 
 
“OK,” Ford says once we get inside and choose a spot that’s not being used by other runners. “I will slow down for you. From now on, we run together. But I won’t slow all the way down, you need to meet me halfway. So you have to actually push yourself. No more slacking off.”
“Well, that’s no fun. I’m a moper, remember? I come to shuffle.”
“Your shuffling days are over, Rook. And I’m sick of your moping. From now on, you’re training with me. So keep up or I’ll find ways to make your life uncomfortable.”
“Ha! Like how?” I cross my arms in front of my chest in defiance and before I can even process what he’s doing, he leans forward into my personal space and slips his hand under my hair behind my neck, drawing me close to him. His touch affects me immediately and I flush with heat. I can probably count on two hands the number of times Ford has actually touched me, and most of them have happened in the past few days. His mouth dips down to my ear, his breath hot against my skin, and for a second I think my heart will actually stop from the shock of it all.
I swallow.
“Like this, Rook.” Ford’s soft words vibrate into me. “I like you. I’d like to show you how much, actually. I’m being a gentleman to make life easier for you, but believe me, it’s not really in my nature to be so accommodating. I typically just take what I want.”
A shudder erupts as his fingertips drag lightly across the back of my neck. He pulls away smiling. “So keep the fuck up or I’ll make things very confusing.”
And then he turns and takes off running up the stairs.
What the hell just happened?









Find me here: http://www.newadultaddiction.com/

JA Huss is a SF and new adult romance junkie, has a love-hate relationship with the bad boys, and likes to write new adult books about people with real problems. She lives with her family on a small acreage farm in Colorado and has two donkeys named Paris and Nicole. Before writing fiction, she authored almost two hundred science workbooks and always has at least three works in progress. Her first new adult romance is called TRAGIC.



a Rafflecopter giveaway


____________________________________






Congratulations to H.B. Heinzer for having "Bent" picked up by Montlake Publishing

New Cover

Heinzer_Bent_Final_FrontCover Add to Goodreads

Synopsis

If there’s one thing Julia Wilson has learned in life, it’s that you can’t push your own dreams to the background for anyone. Newly divorced, Julia returns to the hometown she once swore would never see her again. Her plan is simple; enjoy the cheap rent her friend is offering and stay just long enough to develop a plan to make her own dreams come true. It doesn't take long before Julia realizes she’s made a big mistake. Micah Anderson came closer to breaking Julia than anyone else ever had. After promising her forever, he broke her heart the week before she left for college. Now, Julia’s back in town and he’s going to have to tell her the truth about why he left her. It’s not possible to hide a twelve year old child when you live in a town of 5,000 people. Is following her dreams worth it if it means giving up on a second chance with her first love? Is trying to make a relationship work worth it if his past becomes a threat to her safety?

Buy Links

Excerpt

The air around them crackled with anticipation as they silently walked to the living room. She sat on the couch and invited him to sit next to her. Micah removed his boots and pulled her from her seat. Once he was lying on the couch, he pulled Julia down to him, and she sank in between him and the back of the couch. They fell asleep in each other’s arms, legs intertwined. Some time later, she felt Micah stir beneath her. Without hesitation, she brushed his jaw with her lips. A low groan fell from Micah’s mouth as she trailed kisses from the edge of his goatee to the tender hollow below his ear. She pulled her head back to take in the serene look on his face as helay with his eyes closed. Micah sighed again, pulling Julia onto his chest as he shifted to his back. The full body contact sentshockwaves straight to Julia’s core. It had been years since such simple movements caused this type of reaction within her. She brushed the hair from Micah’s face and continued to deliverfeatherlight kisses across his forehead, then one to the tip of his nose. Her breath caught when she saw the longing in Micah’s eyes. The moment she brought her lips to his, the passion exploded. He gently bit her lower lip before sliding the tip of his tongue to meet hers. When she didn’t resist, he allowed his tongue to explore more, tenderly sweeping around hers before he felt her gently sucking his tongue deeper into her mouth. Micah’s calloused hands reached under Julia’s shirt, caressing her sides. Her back arched as she felt his thumbs slide over the top of her cotton bra. “You’re going to have to tell me when it’s too much,” Micah groaned through staggered breaths. “I’ve waited so long to touch you again, I won’t be the one to say no.” As he placed gentle kisses at the corners of her mouth, Julia whispered, “I’m not saying no either.” She tugged at the hem of his T-shirt, needing to feel his bare skin against hers. Micah shifted their bodies so he could sit up without breaking their embrace. Before leaning back on the couch, he slid his hands up her back to unclasp her bra. Julia leaned back as he slid the straps from hershoulders, allowing him to take in the sight of her swollen breasts. Micah kissed and nipped his way down Julia’s neck to her chest until he slowly took one taut nipple into his mouth. She moaned as his tongue teased his way around the sensitive tip. In anticipation, her panties were drenched. There would be time for taking it slow later. Right now, she needed him. Julia hurriedly worked on the stud on Micah’s jeans, “Do you still carry one … in your … wallet?” she whispered between deep kisses. Micah nodded in confirmation, and Julia reached under him. Micah sat on the couch with Julia straddled across his lap. “Baby, not here …” She swallowed hard at his words. “I swear, I’ll kill you if you stop now,” Julia warned. She was past the point of no return.  

Meet H.B.

With the exception of three years spent in the middle of Nebraska, H.B. Heinzer has called southern Wisconsin home. During that time in Nebraska, she imagined one of her favorite authors living on the far western edge of the county, just south of the highway. At the time, becoming a novelist was a distant dream for her. Now, she is the author living in that location. Ironically, she later found out that same favorite author lives just outside the town HB lived in for the first eighteen years of her life. Now, HB lives in the middle of nowhere but still close enough to the city to not feel isolated. It's the perfect place to let her two kids run and explore their huge yard, teach them about the food chain as they prepare their first-ever garden and debate building a chicken coop. It's one of those dreams that is only possible thanks to the amazing opportunities that have come through writing.  

Social Media Links

Goodreads - Facebook - Amazon - Website