Monday, November 25, 2013

Review: "My Brother, My Rival"

Banner My Brother My Rival for Tour 2


Author– Eve Rabi
Publication Date – August 29, 2013
Cover Artist – Author

                                                 My Brother, My Rival (Book 1) (Cover 10-1-13)

BUY LINKS
 
 
 
 
 
Banner 2 my brother my rival 14 oct 13


REVIEW:
 
In Book 1, Brindi is a waitress at a club and also works at a coffee shop. She and her adopted brothers and sisters all live together. All of them being from crack addicted mothers and taken in buy a woman who wanted all races in her home.  She accidentally spills coffee on a customer at the coffee shop and meets Scott. He's gorgeous, well mannered, and obviously rich, but not pretentious about it.  They have a nice coffee date, but will anything come of it?
 
While at work at the bar waitressing Brindi is given a hard time by a group of Navy guys. This leads to her meeting Cody. At first she can't stand him. He's a known playa, but he's gorgeous and won't give up. At first it's a game for Cody, but she surprises him at every turn. Can he grow up enough to not screw everything up? Their relationship has the odds stacked against it. With the help of a conniving mother, it just may be blown apart with many secrets left floating in the dust.
 
In Book 2, Brindi and Scott are married. They now have 2 children and he has been sent to the Middle East.  He's taken hostage and mentally isn't coping well with being the lone survivor of his group. After outbursts that gradually get worse, it becomes apparent he has PTSD and needs treatment. Will Scott ever be ok? With Cody being the one who can provide her safety, is it too much to deal with the present and the past? All is revealed in this book.

For as much as book one is an exciting book about Cody and Brindi's relationship and then the struggles, book two is an utter tear jerker. I mean, get the box of tissues and lock yourself in your room so no one see's just how ugly an ugly cry can get. I found myself struggling with who I wanted Brindi with more, Scott or Cody. I couldn't help, but feel Cody deserved her more.  Knowing all that Scott goes through, makes it hard to like one more than the other or want one to end up happy and not the other. There are some points where it was obvious what was going to happen, but it was how it was going to unfold that kept me stumped. As for Stephanie, I disliked her through the whole of both books. What kind of mother is like that, really?
 
These books are so emotional you'll feel like you suddenly became bi-polar. One minute I was laughing, the next I was dreamy eyed, and then break out the "Scream" mask because it looked better than my ugly cry.  These characters are easy to become attached to. I truly hope that the series goes further and we can get some stories on the other characters.

This is WAAAAYYY beyond a 5 STAR READ, and because it's two book and my blog I'm giving it a PERFECT 10!

There are very few books that make me cry and even fewer that can do an ugly cry. I mean like one hand counting. None of those made me feel the emotional crying that book two brought out of me. This is a must read and will be scoping out the authors other works now and looking for future books that I hope will come out.










banner my brother my rival blonde girl baseball bat 19 oct 13

Author Photo
Eve Rabi lives in Australia, but she was born in South Africa. She is the author of 20 books and is known for her kick-ass leading ladies, alpha males and no holes-barred love stories. Oh, and let’s not forget about humour, it’s a must in her books. To quote a smashwords.com reviewer: “When you pick up an Eve Rabi book, forget sleep. She writes gripping page turners that will keep you reading till the very end.” STALKER LINKS Amazon Author Page | Website/Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads | Smashwords

CLICK HERE TO ENTER THE GIVEAWAY