Thursday, November 21, 2013

Review: "Shattered Ties" by K.A. Robinson





Book Title: Shattered Ties

Author: K.A. Robinson

Date of Publication: November 12, 2013

 

 

Synopsis

With a former supermodel mother and a rock-and-roll legend father, Emma Preston has the best of everything. Nothing is as perfect as it seems though. After her parents divorce, she’s forced to live with her mother in a private Santa Monica community. Ignoring their parental roles, her mother becomes more focused on climbing the social ladder while her father is off on tour.

Growing up in a trailer park with his mother, Jesse is used to people looking down on him. When his mother begs him to submit an application for a scholarship to one of Santa Monica’s top private schools, he never expects to actually get it. When he does, he is forced to attend school with a bunch of rich kids. He ignores their stares as they judge him for having tattoos and a less than impressive car. As long as he has his surfboard and the guys at the tattoo shop, he knows he can make it through.

When Jesse shows up on the first day of school, Emma can’t help but be intrigued. Her mother would never approve of Emma talking to someone so poor, but she doesn’t care because something about Jesse draws her to him.

Jesse tries to hate Emma, but he discovers that he can’t resist her. Forced to hide their relationship from Emma’s mother and everyone else around them, things start to fall apart. When Jesse’s friend, Ally, decides to interfere, things go from bad to worse.

Can they survive their first love? Or will they be left with nothing more than shattered ties?

Book 1 of a 2 book series. 

 

REVIEW:

When Emma sees Jesse all she can think is, "Todd who?". She's been trying to get Todd's attention and now that she has it, she doesn't want it. All she can think of is the gorgeous Jesse and how she'd like to know him, but can't because of her mother.  Should she take the risk of her mother finding out? Could she be happy with him?

When Jesse meets Emma he remembers a little girl and the almost woman who stands before him doesn't fit with that girl at all.  He can't help the pull to Emma. She not like other girls.  She's beautiful, kind, and isn't wrapped up in herself. She breaks down his defenses, but when your blind to other people and their motives things can go terribly wrong.

I read this book in one sitting. The chemistry was spot on between Emma and Jesse. Even though their relationship evolves quickly, there  is a perfect build to it.  They both have insecurities, but together they are overcoming them. Ally is an utter and total Bitch, yep with a capital B. I found Jesse and Emma to be dense as to what was going on there. It was rather obvious and costs them in the long run.

I'm anxious to read the next book. I wonder how the situation effects them both and if they ever figure out what happened. I hope they find each other again and have their H.E.A. They both deserve it. They are both very genuine characters. I loved the scene in London with her father coming in to see her, can we say, "OH SHIT". There are plenty of scenes that are almost comical then tension is so tough.

This book is a 5 STAR READ, THROUGH AND THROUGH.
I was hooked from the first sentence. This is a perfect story of first love and first experiences. It will take you back in time as to what it was like to have that first connection with the opposite sex.



BUY LINKS:



GIVEAWAY:
http://authorkarobinson.blogspot.com/2013/11/shattered-ties-release-giveaway.html

Excerpt


 

“Who is that?” I asked as we watched a guy climb out of the Jeep and walk toward us.  

“I have no idea, but I wouldn’t mind finding out,” Lucy replied as she stared at the new arrival with lust-filled eyes.  

I squinted, trying to see him as he walked toward us. He looked vaguely familiar, but I couldn’t place him. Lucy squeezed my arm as he looked up and noticed us staring. I thought my arm was actually going to fall off when he approached us and stopped directly in front of me.

“Hi. I was wondering if you could tell me where the office is,” he said politely.  

Now that I could see him up close, I understood Lucy’s excitement. Wow. Just wow. I had been ogling Todd not two seconds before, but I had to admit that this guy was far better than Todd. His hair was a shaggy mess of blond curls, and his eyes were the brightest emerald green that I had ever seen. His upper lip was a bit thin, but his bottom was full and just begging to be kissed. He was wearing a fitted polo shirt, and it stretched to its limit every time he moved due to the muscles that it was concealing. Several tattoos covered his arms, and they were a total contradiction to how he was dressed. This boy looked like a fallen angel and a surfer boy all rolled into one, and I wanted to wrap myself around him.



About K.A Robinson

 

 

Social Links:




 

Other Books by KA Robinson

 

Torn:



 

Twisted: