Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Review: "Wasted Heart"


WH Blog Tour Banner
 
 
 
 
image (1)


add-to-goodreads-button31

Synopsis

ROCK STAR? RECOVERING ADDICT? MURDERER?
 
Yeah, they all hold true.
How can you explain to someone what it's like not to care? Not about yourself or the person standing next to you. I've lost that, the ability to feel and show affection.
 
I DO, HOWEVER, HAVE A HEART.
 
Sometimes, when I chase the dragon, it thunders through my head like a drum, reminding me it still beats.
It's still there.
 
HOLLOW. EMPTY. WASTED.
 
My agent says I have one more shot. A single, solitary chance to stay in the music biz, but there is one massive problem.
 
HER. SYN LANDRY.

REVIEW

  This can be read as a stand alone or with the series. I chose to read this book first after reading some of the reviews. I wanted to come into this book without an opinion on Rhye. I'm glad I did.
 
Rhye is a tormented guy to put it nicely. He blames himself for the demise of his first love, her boyfriend, and his bandmate. His dabbled in drugs most of his life, but when he witnesses his bandmates death it sends him spinning out of control. The record label is now forcing his sobriety.
 
Syn has trust issues. She's hard some hard knocks, but chooses to look on the bright side. She's ready to cut another album, but when she goes to the studio there's another artist there.
 
 Instantly she sees right through him. 
 
 Instantly for her there's a connection.
 
Will he fill it too?
 
Is she strong enough to love him?
 
Is he strong enough to care?
 
This book is very emotional. If you've ever cared for someone with abuse problems you'll be able to relate to Syn and her love for Rhye. I felt so bad for Rhye and all the things he had been through, but at the same time you just want to smack him upside the head. He has life in hand if he can only accept himself and live it, be greatful for it.
 
Syn is wise beyond her years, but still a kid at times. She goes head first into things and then thinks it over later. I almost felt bad for Tag. I wonder if he finds someone. Josh is another character I'd like to know more about now.
 
I give this book 5 stars.
It was a book that I didn't want to end. I wanted to see a happily ever after years down the road. I liked the way ended though and hope to see more books in the series.

BUY Wasted Heart NOW

Buy Ruining Me and Ruining You

   

Teaser Pic

BT Teaser

Book Trailer
 
 
                          
Direct Link to Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HywQ6SUedpU
Meet Nicole
 
 
                                                                    Author Pic

I love angst….I thrive on it, but only the fictional kind. I adore a story that grips the reader from the beginning and doesn’t let go…EVER. I’m an avid reader who just recently discovered my love of writing. My favorite things in life include my three wild & crazy kids, Reese’s Pieces, and every genre of music. I reside in the Deep South. Currently, I am writing a new adult/contemporary romance story that I can’t wait to share. I also plan to release Rhye’s story, Wasted Heart, in 2013.

Social Media Links

Giveaway

a Rafflecopter giveaway a Rafflecopter giveaway  

Hosted By:
                                                              EJ Button



___________________________