Monday, January 13, 2014

Review: "Drawn" by Lilliana Anderson





***Content warning***
It's advised that readers be over 18 years of age before reading this novel due to sexual content and adult situations.

From the best-selling author of the Beautiful Series, comes Drawn, a powerful tale of a relationship that rides the edge of hate and love and everything in between.

Have you ever felt so drawn to someone, that you will put up with anything to be with them? That’s how I feel when I’m around him.

Most of the time, I want to hate him. I want to stay as far away from him as possible. He’s so cocky, and arrogant. And he gets in the way and tells me what to do. He’s all things that I normally detest in a man. But, when we’re alone… I can’t even think for myself – the pull is that intense.

I know I should run, I know I should stay away. But I can’t. I don’t know if I’m strong enough.

What do you do when you just can’t stay away? Even when you know you should…





 
 
 
 
Review
 
When Etta turns 18 she will finally be free. Free from her restrictive father, free from the ghost of her brother, and free to experience life. What happens when a girl is kept from socializing and is turned loose?
 
After a mix-up, she meets Damien. He's a brooding, devilishly handsome guy and he makes her feel things she's never felt before. He wants to take it slow while Etta wants to go full steam ahead. Etta has little experience in relationships, so when she starts to fall hard and can't even come up with a name to describe it, she's not sure how right her feelings are. He clouds her judgement, makes her body feel, she's lost in him.
 
As her friends and family step in wanting the strained relationships fixed, the clouds of heaven disperse.
 
What will be left?
 
Can she do it?
 
Choices need to be made.
 
This book will leave you reeling! It is so full of emotion. You can feel their bliss, their pain, and all the in- between. I felt like I could really relate to Etta. She's a girl out to strike her way into adulthood and no one is going to stop her. If she falls down, she'll just dust herself off and stand back up. Stubbornness comes at a price though. The more her family and friends try to make their opinions known, the more she goes the opposite way.
 
The ending was what I saw coming, but shocking still. I didn't expect it to come together the way it did. I look forward to the next book, which is Damien's story. I'm not sure there can be a Happily Ever After. I can't tell you who I would want Etta to end up with. While Damien is passionate, Aaron has always been there for her. Aaron is the safe choice, but is safe always best? See....reeling!!!
 
This book is 5 Stars through and through!!!
Not many books can pack this emotional punch
showing the turmoil of a new un-perfect relationship.
 
If your looking for a romantic tale of roses and rainbows, think again.
This book is fatal attraction meets Melrose Place. The characters are gorgeous, fun, and ready to party. The relationships are complicated. The friendships are true. It's the kind of book you can finish reading and start it all over again.



Buy Now
 
                                                                 
 
Bestselling Author of the A Beautiful Series, Alter and the Confidante Trilogy, Lilliana has always loved to read and write, considering it the best form of escapism that the world has to offer.
Australian born and bred, she writes New Adult Romance revolving around her authentically Aussie characters as well as a biographical trilogy based on an ex-Sydney sex worker, named Angelien.
Lilliana feels that the world should see Australia for more than just it's outback and tries to show characters in more of a city setting.
When she isn't writing, she wears the hat of 'wife and mother' to her husband and four children.
Before Lilliana turned to writing, she worked in a variety of industries and studied humanities and communications before transferring to commerce/law at university.
Originally from Sydney's Western suburbs, she currently lives a fairly quiet life in suburban Melbourne.
Visit my website at www.lillianaanderson.com