Monday, October 20, 2014

Review: "His" by Dawn Robertson

Synopsis: 
I am a Failure.
I am a Wife.
I am a Business Woman.
I am Bold.
I am Broken.
I am Lonely.
I am Strong.

The only person who has ever fought for me, will only fight with me now. After finally letting my walls crumble for a man, he has destroyed me from the inside out. I should have known that a broken bitch like me would never get a happily ever after. What did I expect?

But what he doesn’t realize is, I am not going to let him walk away so easily. He turned my world upside down, and now I will do the same to his. I just pray our daughter doesn’t become collateral damage. 

I am Seven James-Parker, and this is the second part to my story.



Review
First thing, don't become a greedy reader and skip Seven's Diary if you haven't read it. You MUST read it to know the back story of what is going on with Seven. HIS includes the events from This Girl Stripped and gives us Seven and Levi's angle. We find out what was going on in their marriage and life that lead up to Seven going back to Woodstock. Their events that happen in Seven's Diary that are followed up on in HIS as well. Seven has a way of always making things about her and guess what? She's still doing it, even in Levi's book.

This book shows us more of how the power dynamics of Seven and Levi's relationship works. Seven has changed after her break down. She's going to therapy every week and taking meds. She's no longer the Seven of old, the confidence is gone. She struggling to find herself, to get back that badass that was always so prevalent in her attitude. No longer in Manhattan, Seven and Levi are taking time for her to mend and to work on their relationship together and the family they are building.

This book is full of surprises, but it wouldn't be a book with Seven James-Parker if there weren't any. People from the past come back, new people pop-up, and of course there is some danger. The biggest surprise for me is the emotional roller coaster of Seven and Levi though. That coupled with Seven's mental health left me saying Oh Shite more than once. I love how her breakdown and the fall afterwards was done in this book. It's respectfully down, but it's realistic. It's not the happy rainbow crap that most of society portrays. We see into her head and how it's affecting Levi. We see his fears because of it. We see how her friends are worried. We see what mental illness does to the person and everyone around them. Of course, I love these characters and love the storyline, but this is quite possibly my favorite aspect of the book. The scene of Seven and Chrome in the bathroom will forever be etched in my mind. They are so alike and Star married the male version of Seven.
The ending was perfect for this group. The book as a whole is unbelievable. I can't wait for the spin off series and to see the MC men get their books. I wanted to know about River and Ryker and how their lives would end up long ago. After this book, I have my assumptions. Am I right? Please, please, please Dawn release these soon so I can see.



This also opens the Bikers of the Hell’s Renegades for the new series that is beginning with Ryker! https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23161040-ryker